Learning Stars Preschool
July, 2019 Newsletter
JULY THEME: ANIMALS
School will be Closed for Independence Day 7/4/19
Sheila —-7/5 Shelby —-7/13 Thompson —-7/21
Sun Safety Tips
Avoiding being in the sun for prolonged times when the sun is strongest, form 10 am to 4 pm
- Seek Shade
- Cover up
- Wear a hat
- Wear sunglasses
- Apply and re-apply sunscreen
Classroom Lesson’s and Activities Summery
Sparkling Stars: (2yrs to 3.5yrs old) By: Ms. Angineh and Ms. Madlen
Shining Stars: (3.5yrs-5yrs old) By: Ms. Gayane
- Our Preschool program encourages increased independence and active participation in the learning process. Students use developmentally appropriate Montessori learning materials to aid in the comprehension of math, language, science. Each learning area has materials ranging in complexity from beginning to advanced skills, so that students’ progress according to individual capabilities and maturity levels. Their social skills and confidence grow as they cooperate in the classrooms to solve problems through hands-on learning. Montessori materials help children refine their senses. Developing pattern and shape recognition eventually builds math and science skills as the child progresses. Children learn to dress themselves, wash their hands, helping develop fine motor skills.
- This month will be all about animals and we will briefly go over Independence Day and show them age appropriate video about it.
- Our school will provide children with an educational fun summer activity. We will infuse our curriculum with in fun experiences, and some good old-fashioned summer fun!
- Going outdoors daily is an important part of our school day. However, our school follows the suggested outdoor guidelines. When temperatures outside rise above 90 degrees, outdoor times will be limited.
- For Water Play Days, please provide a labeled bag that contains, labeled towel, close toed water shoes, and extra set of clothing. The children should wear their bathing suit to school on water play days. Sun hats are optional but encouraged.
- Please take a minute to update your child’s extra clothing bag in their cubby to ensure clothes are proper for summer. Also, make sure your child’s name is on the tag of anything brought into school.
- We will do our best to update you all on all the fun events happening! If you haven’t had a chance to visit our Facebook Page, search Kristine Sargsyan. Pictures of our events will post weekly to the page, so be sure to keep updated!