Newsletter – May 2018
Learning Stars Infant Care & Preschool
May, 2018 Newsletter
MAY THEME: Insects
We would like to see all our wonderful families in our Shining Starts Classroom Graduation Recital on 5/18/2016 at 4:00pm.
May 28, 2018 School will be closed for Memorial Day
Penelope —- 5/16
Grayson —- 5/17
Elise —— 5/25
Abigail —- 5/31
Miles —— 5/31
May 5th, 2018 Cinco De Mayo
Twinkling Stars: (from 1 to 18 months) By Ms. Angineh, Ms. Karine , Ms. Kristine
- Numbers: 3
- Letters: O
- Colors: Yellow and Green
- Shapes: Square
- Songs: “You are My Mommy”, and “I Love Mommy”.
- Books: “Playful Puppy”
- We will work on our hellos and goodbyes with mommies and daddies
Little Stars: (18 months to 2.5yrs old) By Ms. Madlen & Ms. Anna
- Letters: Q and R
- Numbers: 3,4,5,6,7 and 8
- Colors: Purple and Gray
- Shapes: Triangle
- Songs: “Sometimes mom say” and “I Love My Mommy.”
- Books: “When Mama Comes Home”, “One Happy Classroom” and “We have a Baby”.
- Safety Topic: Never give your information to strangers.
- Special Activity: We will talk about Memorial Da, and we will do an art work related to Mother’s Day and Cinco De Mayo.
Sparkling Stars: (2.5yrs to 3.5yrs old) By Ms. Rina and Ms. Kristine
- Letters: Ww and Xx
- Numbers: 8,9 and 10
- Colors: All basic colors
- Shapes: All basic shapes
- Songs: “You are my Mommy” and “I love Mommy”.
- Books: “The Grouchy Lady Bug”, “Bonjour Butterfly”, Very Hungry Caterpillar” and “What a Wonderful Word.”.
- Safety Topic: When you are out walking with your children you can teach them about safety sign by turning it into a game.
- Special Activity: We will do lots of art works related to Mother’s Day, Cinco the Mayo and Memorial Day.
Shining Stars: (3.5yrs-5yrs old) By Ms. Gayane and Ms. Kristine
- Letters: All the letters
- Numbers: 20,21,22,23,24,25
- Colors: All the basic colors
- Shapes: Oval and Triangle
- Songs: “I Love Mommy”, “You are My Mommy” and “It’s Your Special Day”.
- Books: “Hanging Out With Mom”, “We Look, Spaghetti and Meatballs for all”.
- Safety Topic: You also need to teach your children how to cross the road safely.
- Special Activity: We will do art work related to Mother’s Day, Cinco De Mayo and Memorial Day. We will practice for our Graduation Recital.
“Mothers hold their children’s hand for a short while, but their hearts forever”
Mother’s Day Brunch Cruise
Set sail on Mother’s Day with a champagne brunch cruise or supper cruise in scenic Marina del Rey by Hornblower Cruises & Events.
When: Sunday, May 13, 2018. Brunch cruises depart at 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., and 2 p.m. with boarding half an hour before departure times.
Where: Departures from Marina del Rey and Newport Beach
Cost: $75 to $95 per person